Benefit Makeup Night, Porefessional and the low down on the famous They're Real Mascara!

 So , hello lovelies! I had the pleasure of attending a Benefit masterclass during the week with the very lovely Mark Rogers , Benefits leading makeup artist in Ireland and the UK. It all started out will, we were sitting at a table for around ten adorned with sweets, flowers champagne and all the Benefit cosmetics we could get our hands on to sample! 

We started of the evening with the grooling task of having to remove all our make up, and step by step Mark showed us how to use various products from the range! My fav were the Moisturizing Serum "Moisture Prep Toning Lotion" and their Moisturizer "Total Moisture Facial Cream". These are great preparation for before putting on make-up , especially if you have dry skin! Plus they really aid in having a very even foundation application, and will certainly be landed on my wishlist!
The great thing I found about this class was that , yes Benefit is an investment buy. It is very expensive make up, but by attending this class I got to try out everything and in turn found what suited myself which made the spending a lot easier and choosing things I knew I would use rather than half guessing!
I would completely recommend attending one of these events, to find out when and where they are on keep an eye out on the Benefit facebook page!

In the end up I came away with a little goodie bag, with the renowned Mascara "They're Real" and face primer "Porefessional", Two cream eyeshadows, one for myself and one for a lucky reader of the blog! 

So on to the reviews!

Firstly Porefessional, I have been hearing nothing but wonderful things about this primer and just knew I had to get it! On the onset, yes it is amazing! It minimizes pores and takes away that look from your make up where you can see all your pores on your nose etc (that's if you are anything like me, with caves for pores!). Not only does it do that though, but it acts as a primer to create a barrier between your makeup and skin,it also fills any small crease's i.e under the eyes to create a more even finish to your makeup AND it has an spf of 25! La di da!

The ONE and only flaw in porefessional is that, unless you moisturize very very well, or if you like me suffer with dry skin, it can dry your skin out and sometimes leave dry patches which is no good! So, if you do buy this product really ensure you moisturize well!

Secondly They're Real: I LOVE this product,  I find it is so hard to get a good mascara that volumises and lengthens lashes without making them clump together! Yet, this manages to do just that! It's a build-able mascara, so if you want a low key look just apply once or twice but if you want a full look apply a few more! The most ingenious thing about this mascara is the bush, it has a double brush! one along the length and one at the tip so as to get as those small hard to reach lashes at the inner eye! I really do love it!

One minor issue I am having and have had before with Bad Gal, is that black smudges around the eyes or on the eyelids! I am not sure if this is happening everyone so if anyone wants to let me know how they got on with it that would be great! 
                                              An eye with one layer of They're real on and one without!

So, thats my review! Giveaway will be up tomorrow guys! So keep an eye out ;)

Rose
x


No comments:

Post a Comment