The *Late* Golden Globes feeding frenzy

After a very long break, starting a new job and a very intense, challenging Christmas period. It's about time I got back to doing something I enjoy. With loads of new products to review and awards season at it's peak it's time to hastily get this blog running !
It's that time of year once more, where the celebrities  come out and show off their top frocks. There always is, the good, bad and ugly...or on a rare occasion the utterly annoying, being played by Anne Hathaway this year. A woman well aware of an Oscar coming her way and if you haven't noticed appearing in extravagant dresses at her premieres, accessorized with a smug expression and a dose of pretentiousness. Even if, and I hate to admit it, most of them are damn fierce.

                                                                Anne Hathaway 

I think, we can all agree here that this dress is beautiful. Simplistic and delicate , and surprisingly for Anne very  modest, something she has been lacking over the last few weeks. Every minute detail has been considered from her nail polish, to the choice of no necklace to the peplum silhouette that the slim Hathaway desperately needed. Gorgeous.

Miranda Kerr - Golden Globes After Party
I couldn't help myself. I'm not sure there is a person on earth, man or woman that does not have a crush on Miranda. Many people were adoring this dress she strutted around in on this occasion  Although, the colour is beautiful, and the material is elegant. I think the dress is unbalanced. I believed it should have been a slit in the skirt OR a plunging neck line. I don't think the fact I can see her knickers and her side boob is very classy. Also, the complicated bow tie on the dress is too fussy and is only adding something else to focus on with the boob and leg, making the whole ensemble a bit messy. Stars on the accessories and make up though. 

Jennifer Lawrence
Oh JL we love you so much in this house, and we are routing for you so much when it comes to awards season, because you are one hell of an actress. But I think it's time to ditch this stylist and get back the one who did your premieres for The Hunger Games and Silver Linings PlayBook. Not all about this dress is bad, the colour is nice, the accessories are pretty and hey I even like that Hedi in the mountains hair you have going on. There is a serious issue in the material department though, the skirt seems to sit all wrong and is terribly creased, the bodice is too short not to mention it's crushing that lovely cleavage of yours. You were not the only victim though of this heavy material though, it appeared a few times at the Globes. I'm looking at you Swift.

Jennifer Garner
I won't lie, I am not a big Westwood fan. Yet I ADORE this dress, I love the crimson colour contrasting with pale skin, the bust line is cut beautifully, giving her a lift. I'm glad she didn't do a glamour model hair do, but I think I would have liked a bit more volume or shape to the updo. Other than that it was fabulous. It looks elegant, it looks expensive frankly it looks heavy too , I say it wasn't easy wearing that all night either!

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
I think anyone who watched the Globes this year would let Tina and Amy present every year, it was funny without the tack or cringe most comic presenters bring with them to award shows. Anyone who is ever presenting a Award show should take a page from their book. It's safe to say, if  I as a 20 year old looked as good as Tina does in this dress I would be doing well for myself. At 42, wearing a SEQUINS bodycon Tina looks unreal. Perfect figure, beautiful hair, natural makeup, the look has been pricked preened and polished. Amy was a surprising add to the mix, I expected her to be the one wearing something quite "Showey" but was pleasantly surprised when she stepped out in this number. It's covered up enough to look elegant with a low neckline adding something sexy this dress I think is one of the few perfectly picked for the evening. Very fitting!

Taylor Swift
Taylor has seemingly ascended into womanhood finally, after her appearance at the Peoples Choice awards there were high hopes for her. She did not disappoint. This dress is beautiful. A bold choice of colour, one which did not reappear on the carpet. The high neck of the dress and double straps coming around the back of the dress, balance out the slim figured girl, not to mention the panel down the side of the dress along with adding a bit of peek a' boo sexiness also adds an inch to her bum giving her implied curves. The thing about this dress is it would have been perfect had it been cut off just below the knee, sophisticated and sexy. Instead it extends into this gross fishtail, which is hugely creased and sitting wrong AGAIN. Can someone please stop designers using this fabric? It does not wear well. I do however love her sultry makeup and pulled back hair, it's nice to see a womanly Taylor, hopefully her music will follow.

Kayle Cuoco
This is one of the worst makeup/dress mismatches I have ever seen. Now I don't think this is a bad dress, I actually quite like it, the colour is all wrong on her  it's blending in with her own skin tone for gods sake, but its a nice dress. Very whimsical and  fairy tale like. Why she is wearing such dark make up and a damn heavy lipstick is beyond me. This could have been a good look with a nude lip and subtle eye.  I have a feeling though this was a bit of an actress intervention.

Kristen Bell

Kirsten Bell is someone I have a soft spot for, mainly because of our mutual love of sloths, and the fact she had a break down on the Ellen show over them, that and her and her husbands super cute relationship! I have to say, I think this was a gorgeous dress choice for maternity wear. When I saw it front facing I didn't like how far up the waistline was because I thought it made her look short and then she turned sideways and I was like "Holy Hell she's pregnant". Front facing you wouldn't have a clue! Which is why the waistline is so high. The colour is divine, and the embellishment on the shoulders is beautiful. Everything about it screams angelic Something I found really striking about this piece was the embellishment that runs down the back of the dress seen in the right hand photo. Once more though, I would have lover a bit more of an updo and less of a plain face.

Michelle Dockery
Astounding choice of dress.  Sometimes people just get it right.

Lucy Liu
Now I know this dress isn't to everyone's taste. I on the other hand love it, I am a big fan of a floral print and it's nice to see one broken by blocks of colour. Not to mention the fact NO ONE wears florals to the Golden Globes. That is except for Lucy Liu. Her hair is the perfect accessory for the dress though some drop earrings are left to be desired. I think the shape is gorgeous if a little stiff. Yet all round it was a great choice and she really set her self apart from the other stars, I wouldn't have wanted to be standing or sitting next to her that night!

Who were your favourite dressed at the Globes?



No comments:

Post a Comment