MAC's New Collection : "Apres Chic" My buys!

MAC is, as you will soon find out a weak point in my persona. My utter necessity to buy make-up in a fiendish attempt to make myself feel better, or as other's call it "retail therapy" is my Achilles heel. So, on a frequent basis, I do have new MAC items. Only because I get a discount from where I work, which makes it just seem...SUCH GOOD VALUE.
After Christmas, with my pockets filled with love adorned cash from family members who are scared to buy me anything, I stumbled on into the MAC store on Grafton street without a chaperone , which was possibly a mistake. So instead of replenishing my withering bank account with the badly needed cash. I picked myself up a few items from the new collection (and more) as a Christmas treat for ME!

Now Apes Chic is one of the MAC collections I really like, I can be a bit hit or miss on them. I didn't like Hello Sailor! nor did I like GlamoursDaze and anything I did like from the Marilyn Monroe collection was so instantly swept up that I didn't snag any of it!
So when I saw the collection to my pleasant surprise it had some really nice items. New moisture rich lip glosses, two skin finishes both of which are beautiful, one a highlighter tone ant the other a much bronzier finish. The usual new eyeliners and array of lipsticks! So these were my picks!


                             

    The First thing that caught my eye was the lipsticks, I am a big lipstick addict and have every and any colour under the sun. I had been keeping my eye out for a nice red, this did the trick! With most of the colours being a nude of a sort it was easy enough to make a decision.


Whats the most nice thing about this lipstick is that it isn't your typical in your face red like ruby woo or russain red.  It's a rich creamy red, it's subtle and eye catching at the same time, if you're looking to step away from bright reds and looking for something a little more "Chic" this is the colour for you.


Now I won't lie, at first I was a little standoffish about this next colour Hot Chocolate, it looked to dark, and frankly brown lipsticks just make me think of old woman. Yet after being coaxed by one of the girls to try this on, I fell in love. I have since bought two more brown lipsticks and LOVE them. They are sultry and sexy, and the deep chocolately texture of this colour is striking and perfect for all skin types from milky white to bronze goddesses.




The last thing I purchased was this skin finish, it's hard for me to choose skin finishes  I rarely like them and when I do find one I like I get a bit attached and it's difficult for me to change. I tried this though and really liked it, once more I was a bit iffy, I thought it was too bronze for my skin the pay off being a little more orange than rose as stated, but actually it was really nice, it's great as a very blended contour when you're not looking for too much definition, it's beautiful when you have a tan as a bronzer, and lovely as a light blush when you're not feeling too rosy! The great selling point of this is the shimmer, its not glittery at all like many highlighters or shimmer shadows, its a lovely sheen that comes with the colour, giving a glow rather than a glittery sweaty look, that we all kinda hate. It's being used for everyday wear at the moment!





Swatches from Left to Right : Apres Chic, Hot Chocolate and Stero Rose.



Have you tried the new collection? and if so, what's your favourite item from it?

                                                                    Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment