Elie Saab S/S 13 Haute Couture Collection

If any of you know me at all. (Which you possibly don't). You'll know that my all time favourite designer is Elie Saab. There is something incredibly mystical about his design of dresses, as if they have stepped out of a fairytale into reality. His Haute Couture is grand , luxurious and delicate. Capturing with it a feeling of otherness which most Haute Couture designers lack. Where other designs are difficult to place, Elie Saab's designs are instantaneously recognizable as being not only beautifully crafted art but also something that is wearable and works to flatter the female figure. 
His work is breath taking, and something I think young girls dreams are made of.

Now enough of the fandom, let's talk Spring Summer 13's collection.
I absolutely loved the A/W collection, the silhouettes were classics with unbearably beautiful colour choices of corals, light blues and lavenders. The whole thing was to die for!



     The top on on he right, is my wedding dress.

So, of course I was unbelievably excited for the reveal of the new collection. Which of course, did not lack in the beauty department. There was an intricacy to detail, a consideration for the female form and no lack of luxury  There was an addition of some very structured dresses, which I felt gave a officey feel and felt a little out of place in the collection, also for a SS collection I was disappointing with how muted the tones of the gowns were. Don't get me wrong the mauve and light blue coloured gowns were as such, breathtaking, but I really would have loved a yellow or an orange rather than the very dark and dramatic red's and blacks which were presented. It was a collection I felt that would have been best suited for winter.
What I loved though were the sheer gowns, which flashed so much flesh but still managed to be classy, and beautiful. 
Something I am very uncertain about is the addition of a print. I am no doubt a print lover. Yet, it was so out of sorts, not only in the collection but also for the designer.
On a whole, I do believe the collection had some real winners but I am disappointed all the same.
Maybe my standards are too high! I'll leave you with some samples of the show. 
What did you think of the collection?
Rose
x


S/S 2013 Collection





































No comments:

Post a Comment