The Hype over Effaclar Duo : The ongoing review


Everyone of us want's the perfect complexion. We all see and loathe those woman who some how have flawless skin, without imperfections, spot's marks or veins. Skin that's not dry or flaky and instead of being oily glows in just the right places. We all know it's an agonizing experience knowing one of these woman, or working with them. And I for one buy product upon product to try and get good skin. So when I hear about one of these miracle products I am instantly intrigued.




So when I heard about Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay on Tanya Burr's blog I was pretty revved about it! Particularly because she had said it completely changed her skin and had numerous emails saying it had helped some of her followers too. That and the brand in renown for being a fantastic skin care range! So I read some reviews, and as usual they were mixed. In the USA it seemed a big "No No" to use Effaclar Duo if you had sensitive skin, but that the UK formula was fine for sensitive skin. So working on the general perception that this would be okay for me I went out and paid a hefty 17 euro for my first La Roche item in a feeble attempt to get my skin looking better.


Effaclar Duo has watery consistency and applies quite easily to the skin. It can be used as a replacement for moisturizer and applied either directly to imperfections or all over the face. The first thing I noticed, was intense stinging all around my nose area. This isn't generally a warning sign for me as I have seriously sensitive skin and even the mildest formulas of moisturizer tend to sting. Yet this was much worse and lasted much longer than normal. I aplied my usual moisturizer ontop of this because my skin still felt tight after using it. After a day I found the redness in my skin had dulled but more spots were raised on my skin. I assumed this was just the dirt in my skin being purged due to the fomula. A week in and my skin is every day getting more and more spots. I am currently debating continuing through and hoping my skin get's better or discontinuing it and returning to the search for the perfect skin products. Which potentially don't exist for a girl with combination super sensitive and psoriasis skin.

And Recommendations for good skin care products?
                         
                                                                         Rose x
                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment