Topshop Bridal ? Yay or Nay?

So the big reveal was today, TOPSHOPS bridal wear hit our internet screens! So what's the verdict? Affordable, designer bridal wear as designed by Richard Nicoll. The collection is very simply named Tie the Knot!. It comprises of 7 very casual dresses signature of Nicoll, they can be marketed as the big days main dress , bridesmaids or even cocktail dresses. The dresses reject the over the top meringue traditional  wedding dress and opt instead for a romantic low key style dress which come at the very affordable price of between £75 - £350.


Everything about the collection rings Topshop, the styles are completely obscure and urban, yet still stylish and delicate. I really love the whole collection and think it is a perfect fit for the brand. Whether its something you would wear for your own wedding is entirely up to opinion, frankly it wouldn't be my first option, yet I think I will still purchase a piece from this collection, as summer wear. That is what I really like about this collection, it is completely wearable and could be worn as occasion wear or not. I like the concept, that its a  modern day substitution for the traditional wedding dress but I don't particularly like the execution. As sun dresses, cocktail dresses they are fab, as a bridal gown. I'm not so sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment