Cannes Film Festival Highlights So Far!

So yes! It is once more that time of the year, the 12 day Cannes film festival and the celebs fashion claws are out. Putting their most fierce gowns on show, let's see how things have been rolling for the first two days of the festival!
                                                                 Jane Fonda in Versace
There is no denying this is one gosh darn beautiful gown the Jane Fonda arrived to the festival in. The problems that are arising with it in this scenario though, happen to be the wearers age, skin tone and hair colour. Jane Fonda has picked a fabulous dressw, which may potentially be better suited to someone ten years younger, much more tanned and of darker coloured hair!
                                                                 
                                                        Diane Kruger in Giambattista Valli
There is little or nothing to critique about this piece, it was spectacular and looked if you can believe it , even more beautiful in motion. The colour with Krugers skin tone and hair colour was beautiful. I would have worn dangling earrings, maybe that's just me though it could have been a little too much for others.

Frieda Pinto in Michael Angel
A lot of people are loving this dress at the moment, but I am not one of these people. Although I ADORE the colours, I feel the slit is too high, the material is too long for her and the bunching or material under her waist line adds weight that she doesn't have, not to mention the shoes cut off her calf's causeing major stumpy leg. The idea is amazing, but the execution of this dress on her is all wrong. (P.s whats with the piece of hair in her face? Put it away!)

Lana Del Rey in Alberta Ferretti
Lana, you have been sporting a lot of gothic looks lately. Yet, you're the only girl I am not shunning for wearing black too often, after totally BRINGING it at the Met Gala (google her outfit, its amazing) you're after totally working it at the Cannes film festival. This dress, is gorgeous on here, and the neck line is just that little thing that chages this from a very boring black dress to quite an interesting one. The hair parting to the side really compliments the look and her natural make up is perfect.

Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen
Jessica, what is it about you and these types of skirts,this is very similar to the skirt of the dress you wore to the Met Gala, and you know how much that dress upset me. There is not shape, no structure to the bottem of this dress and for some reason it looks really creased?! On the other hand, the colour of the dress is beautiful and I am loving the neckline and all that cleavage you got going on there girl. So good work. (P.s updos suit you)

Eva Herzigova in Dolce&Gabbana
This is fabulous, I love it and only have praise for this woman. The necklace, is potentially a bit OTT. But, lovely!

Eva Longoria in Marchesa
This is the first of two of her dresses I will be showing. I really like this gown, yet its very similar to a few Marchesa dresses floating around at the moment, I especially think the designs are wuite like Kirsten Stewart Snowwhite and the huntsmen premiere in London. Yet, it is a spectacular dress and the train is beautiful, for some reason I feel something about it made her look a little short, I can't destinguish if its the plunging neckline or the fact the train begins at her knee?

Eva Longoria in Emilio Pucci.
This is a gorgeous dress, the colour and shape suit her perfectly. Still not so sure on the plunging neckline, it seems in this dress to make her shoulders appear quite broad. But regardless, its lovely.


Fan BingBing in Christopher Blu
She is the reason I have been watching the red carpet, every year at the film festival she absolutely KILLS IT. Theres nothing I don't like about this, the fit is perfect, the green is beautiful against her pale pallour and the print, (If a little stereotypical) is utterly unique in its place on a dress like this, and I LOVE IT. I know this may not be everyones cup pf tea, but it ticks all the right boxes. Not to mention her oriental hairstyle and the bling in her ears is completely in tune with the outfit.

Fan Bingbing Elie Saab
And she has done it, Fan Bingbing being my one to watch has managed to wear my favourite piece from my favourite designer AND made it amazing. I mean let's be fair this dress does the work for her, all she needed was a simple updo and BAM its perfect. What I really like about this though is that this dress like her first is a reflection on where she comes from and I like how she has made a dress that had no oriental influences, her own and oriental in that way.
Stunning. Perfect.



So I will hopefully be updating some more on the film festival as we go so keep tune in! 







No comments:

Post a Comment