When Holidays go bad...


Getting an extended holiday may sound fun eh? 
Well I can certainly assure you it is not.

On our way out of our hotel we met a family we had chatted to a few times during our stay. They had told us they weren't able to fly home for a couple of days because their daughter had an ear infection (I know? apparently your eardrum will BURST if you fly with an infection? EEP!).
This was followed with jealous groans from a grumpy boyfriend and I who had not wanted to go home at all. It seemed fate was playing an awful trick on us both!

So lalala we got to the minuscule airport and went through the trauma of security (May I add I got frisked) and after buying a german magazine by accident and consuming a burger king twice my own body weight plonked on the plane for a nice snooze.
The plane took off and after a few moments I had gotten over my intense fear I had an ear infection and that I would be deaf for the rest of my life because of the flight and zoned out and blanked every flight attendant who walked by.
It was still light when we heard a worried voice over the intercom about twenty minutes into the flight informing us we needed to make an emergency landing and we would be returning to Lanzorote. 
I and Gibster were having the Lols and freaking out my hyperventilating mother and teary little sister because we were sure-er than sure that everything was A-OK.
Yet, when we came into land we spotted a few flashing lights on the ground. We landed a little unsteadily but safely and we were suddenly surrounded by huge fire engines. Being told nothing but to remain in our seats we were left waiting in a possibly on fire plane. 
After a while we were evacuated off the plane and sent off to a 5 star hotel for the night, which was nice, but unsettled! And we were clearly unwanted. After a day of being told nothing and that we were to stay another night, we were getting ready for dinner when someone knocked on the door and told us we would be leaving in 20 minutes for the airport. After a hurried packing, we made it to the bus and set off home for the second time and landed safely in Dublin at 1 o'clock this morning!
So, let the blogging and stress recommence!
Rose
x


No comments:

Post a Comment