Getting the chop..


In Spain with a cut and colour for 39 euro? How could I say no?

When things get a little crazy in a woman's life and everything get's turned upside down it seems the first victim of re-invention is our hair. Whether it's scalping or bleaching after hitting the big 20 I have realized my hairs been through it all.
The big question is when has your hair had just a bit to much "change"
I'll tell you a little about my hair history and when that point came for me. When I was younger I was a golden blonde girl and was aptly nicknamed "Goldielocks" by one of my mums friends. My mum had super short hair, and heartlessly (or what I thought at the time was) chopped all my blonde locks off like her, I remember little of this only that I was oft mistaken for a boy!

When I got older and started the traumatic descent into teenage years my hair slowly went from white blonde, to gold to...a dirty blonde. That's when I decided to unmercifully dye my hair bright blonde. This was intercepted at a point with red dye which after a week of crying I decided I needed to be blonde once more and spent months a salmon colour attempting to regain my golden hair! 

Through all this time Mom had hassled me about cutting my hair short, which I refused in fear of losing all my femininity , because as a woman I am wired to believe long hair is associated with being female. Eventually though mid way through my first year of college I hit another of those times where things are all out of control  and the only thing you can really change is your hair, so walking through Navan I stepped into the hair dressers and simply asked them to cut it all off, at this point I was still blonde, but 6 months later my hair began falling out and it was the right time to go dark.

Thus, here I am. Although I go through periods where I assure myself I'll grow it out  I never do, and hey I have never gotten as many compliments on my hair as I do now so who am I to complain!

If like me though and most woman are it's incredibly hard to judge whether if it's right to take the plunge and get that cut you have been fawning over. The easiest way to do this is to judge my face shapes.

If you have a heart shaped face like me, it seems we are pretty lucky as most hair lengths suit us. If you are particularly brave a crop or bob is especially complimenting for a heart shaped face.

If you are round faced, the more volume at the crown and length or your best friends.

And for square shaped faces, long waves or layers (try a layered bob) will help to soften straight or angular features!

Have a happy hair day!
Love!
Rose
x


No comments:

Post a Comment