Suit up!.....Ladies?


I have to say, after seeing a certain lady suit, lately I have kinda developed a slight suit crush! With wedding,communion and confirmation season upon us it seems that woman are floundering under the pressure of finding the "Right" dress and even when they do there is absolutely no guarantee that someone else won't turn up in the same thing! I really feel a pant suit or even shorts suit can be such a great alternative for woman.
There is a slight stigma that comes along with the word "suit" implying its masculine and unfeminine or even for partners(boyfriends/husbands) woman wearing a suit can be emasculating! For myself suits have always being a pretty scary venture, being crushed under the weight of insecurity and already sporting pretty manly hair the idea of a suit struck fear into my very soul, this paired with a pretty bad experience as a child where my Dad bought me a suit to wear to funerals (Huh? I hear you say) had left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. 

Alas I have succumb to the idea that suits on woman can be everything including empowering and feminine. They lack the necessity of tan, uncomfortable tights , certain sucky in underwear and well...shaved legs! Like I said, suits don't need to be manly, in fact I have found some pretty girly ones! Here's my top picks and well...hearts desire's!

If you're a little less adventurous opt for a cute shorts suit, this keeps it super feminine, caters to those less able to wear cigarette pants (like myself) and still enables you to show of those pins ;)



Nishe Belted Shorts and Jacket with Seashell Embroidery from ASOS




If you are looking for something a little more classic that can move from the office, to an occasion or a night out something a little more tailored with a cropped pant does just the trick. Opt for bright colours to ensure a girly feel and to keep in trend with summer!


Ted Baker JAYNE suit(Couldn't find a better photo, but GURL THIS IS FAB)





Topshop Preppy Chambray suit




Bear in mind that your suit doesn't necessarily have to be matchy matchy! Match a patterned jacket and plain trousers to draw attention away from problem areas!





CHECKERED JACQUARD BLAZER From ZARA




Try and stray away from very conventional suits to avoid association with masculine traits, try to keep it fun and interesting! If you're brave enough to wear a suit, why not go the whole haul and mix colours and textures!





ASOS Blazer in Chambray Denim





b + ab Velvet Mix Blazer and Shoes at ASOS




I'm really hoping female tailoring hit's the high street soon at a reasonable price or I feel my bank account might take a pretty hefty hit! Try not to be too scared and even just try on a suit or two and see how you feel about them, who knows? You may never wear a skirt again!




Quote : " Suits are full of joy. They're the sartorial equivalent of a babies smile."







Rose 

x



























No comments:

Post a Comment