The Low Down on Bare Minerals

I have to say, like most women I am very much into the flawless skin look. Which at most, unless you have the skin of some beauty goddess, asks for some pretty heavy makeup. Though this usually is not an everyday necessity, and especially for myself I get very tired of painting my face in every morning like a child with a crayon. I have tried light foundations, tinted moisturizers, bb creams, the lot!! Nothing impressed me more though than Bare Minerals starter kit.

So, FYI Bare Minerals is a purely powdered mineral foundation. I know, you're all saying "Pssh, powder ain't going to cover that gack scare on my cheek or that spot on my chin". Which , you know, is what I thought. Man I was so wrong though (To an extent!). The whole application is a pretty unnerving process, which involves a lot of swirling, tapping and buffing. Once you get used to it though you get a pretty great finish.


So here is the low down. You get a primer, foundation, bronzer, setting powder and three gorgeous brushes. (Concealer, Foundation and Bronzer). And you apply them all in that order!


The primer of this is just OK. I mean I will forever and always love POREFESSIONAL by Benefit as it really diminishes the look of my pores. This isn't great for hiding pores , but it does allow the makeup to go on the skin smoothly and last long. It's like a film between your skin and the makeup. If you don't have large pores I imagine this would work great, but if you are like me it might be better to use a primer that works better for you underneath.

\
The foundation is FAB, I really have to say I love this. One of the many pro's is that they actually have a shade that matches my face! Which is amazing! Cause I am super milky white pale. What I do is pop a little liquid concealer on any blemishes after I have used the primer and then buff this into my skin. It takes all the redness out of my face, gives the appearance of very smooth skin and a really natural look finish which I think for myself is exactly what I look for , for day to day wear! When you put it on the skin it doesn't go on like powder, I can't even describe how it sets on the skin, once you buff it in , it sits like a tint on the skin. No cakey powdery look!


I really like the bronzer that came in the set. It's called warmth, and is a very deep brown. I need very very little of this to use as a contour and add a little colour to the face. It's really nice and blends much finer into the skin than any other bronzer I have used. This is again due to the way it the minerals in the powder blend onto the skin. Making everything look so natural!

You can use any of your own concealers, blushes or contours, it hasn't any effect on the  foundation and actually sits better than on normal liquid foundation.

The mineral veil isn't always necessary as you may not want to add an extra layer of mineral powder ontop of your skin already, I like to use this during the day to top up any oily patches on my face! It's a totally transparent powder so it doesn't add any colour too the skin, it just absorbs any excess oils!


I want to make a little note about just how lovely the brushes in this set are. They are really soft and pack so much coverage! they are small, but also compact! 

All in all I do really love this, I am so glad I took the leap and got this and am 100% going to invest in some more Bare Minerals products. This set with so much in it is around 55 euro. It's great value because a foundation alone is 28! So you are making great savings! 

If you're struggling to find a foundation, pop into the Bare Minerals girls in BT2 Grafton of Dundrum and get them to try it out. 
Who knows? You may never buy a liquid foundation again!

Rose
x


With Bare Minerals foundation on. (Scouse Brows. We all have bad Brow days!)




1 comment:

  1. Great article :)really describes it so well. I was afraid it would not give enough coverage, but it is brilliant, I love the way it stays put all day. Bare Minerals for life :)

    ReplyDelete