Kryolan Lipstick Vs. MAC Lipstick

In London I managed to do a big make up haul. I usually find it really difficult to get decent face make up, I always find that I react to any expensive make up. Over there though I went to Charles Fox, just behinf covent garden. It's a shop dedicated to theatre make up. I came across this great brand called Kryolan and ended up buying a bunch of make up which was reasonably priced. I want to concentrate on the lipsticks for the moment and I'll do a review of the other make up in the next few days.
So to begin, I was up until the past few months a MAC virgin (I know shame everywhere) but I have become increasingly interested in make up and decent make up at that. So I picked up two lipsticks "Angel" from MAC and a sheer pink infused with gold from Kryolan. They were both similar in colour so I decided to do a comparison between the quality of both lipsticks.
The Kryolan is the one on top and the MAC is the one beneath. The Kryolan is a lighter peachier colour than the MAC.
The Kryolan and a really nice pigmented colour, it's finish was sheer and it had a very glossy colour due to the golden infusion of colour. It sat really nice, but for someone who suffers with dry lips I did find it dried out my lips quite a bit.
The MAC lipstick was les pigmented even if the colour was more fleshy toned I felt it lacked colour. The finish was much more matte, but it was less dry and even moisturising on the lips. It was very subtle and something I would wear with a dramatic eye look.

Over all I liked the MAC better, mainly because it sat much nicer on my lips in comparison to the Kryolan, I would give the MAC a 8/10 only losing marks on it's pigment and a 7/10 for the Kryolan.

No comments:

Post a Comment